Natural key-holder


Recently I just lost my old key-holder, it was about 10 years old, so it was the time for change. I wanted to make this clay version for a long time. At the moment it's like a spring or summer piece, but I really don't mind something springish, because this cold cold weather makes us remember the great hot summers, when the sun is shining and you're not cold!:) Yeah, it's been a while now...:)
So I searched my dried flower bouquet and I thought: give them another life, make them reborn. :)
Below I describe the creating process: how to make a pressed flower clay key- holder.


Supplies:

- air-dry clay
- knife
- dried flowers
- matte varnish for the clay
- brush
- rolling pin for clay
- small glass - or a round cookie cutter
- nail file - I like to use it more than my polishing set for clay - because it's smaller and can access every part of small surfaces
- key holder accessories 




First step is rolling out the clay, leave it 0,5 cm thick, because we need the clay material for pressing the flowers into it. Use the glass or the cookie cutter, make a round piece from the clay. Or more if you like. With the knife, make the sides smooth, but do not worry if this step is not perfect, because the end of the process you can polish the excess off.



Press the flowers into the clay, make sure to use a nice flower. Not all will be so beautiful, but keep trying.




Make a hole in the clay circle with the base with the brush, and let them dry. Normally it takes a day to dry totally, but if your place is heated like mine, then you can save some time.




If it's absolutely dry, use the varnish on the surface of the clay, or if you like, you can color them too with acrylic paints. I like it in a simple way, without any colors. Let them dry and make them fit for your keys. I really like mine, a piece of summer on my keys makes me happy.















Hope you like it and make one for yourself! You can use fresh flowers, petals or just some beautiful leaves from the garden, every piece will be different and unique.
Happy DIY! :)

CONVERSATION